Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It Still Works

March 2007!!!! One would have imagined that I've stumbled into the abyss of mass despair and agony for not have written something in such a long period of time. The truth is, I've forgotten all about my blogger buddy. The last time I wrote, I was still leashed to the cubical which was my job, but alas I have broken free.

In October 2007, I graciously accepted a position as Asst General Manager of the Hampton Inn Texas City. It was a roller coaster but Oct 29 2008 made a whole year.... until I was laid off 2 days later. Hurricane Ike, in all of it's frivelous glory stripped my hotel of it's roof whilst we occupied her causing us to scurry about finding refuge in the most gracious bosom of the local Marriott. The Hampton was scheduled to open next April, but unforunately with no profits comes no paycheck for me, so I was booted.

No worries though, I never doubted the mysterious plans which are God's. Six years ago, I entrusted my life to Him and he has taken me on a interesting journey to many fabulous places over the years. If it weren't for Him, then I would have not befriended such marvelous companions as Nolan and Bethany. Who could forget my contengiously beautiful blonde flower Sarah Tunstall or my obssesively addicted to Georgia sports team ex-roomate Justin Dale. I would have never mooched off of the Nelsons or made friends with the Alvin Youth Group.

It's hard to believe the changes I've gone through over the last 4 blog years. I've forgotten how writing attributed to my insanely impressive vocabulary. Staying behind corporate America's walls has seriously dampened my creative linguistic ability. I've become enslaved to such terms as "my pleasure" and "absolutely" and "credit or debit." GASP!!!! No More.

I re-new my vow of finding the jovial and heart-wrenching attributes of life which make life worth living. And maybe if I finally improve the vocab, I can finally pass that God-forsaken GRE test and get into grad school. GRE for dummies ain't what it's cracked up to be!

VOD - Trust in God; A troubled heart isn't worth it. John 14:1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home